Char-Broil TRU Infrared Urban Gas Grill with Folding Side Shelves
- Award winning TRU Infrared cooking system that provides seared in flavor while keeping food moist, delivering juicy results every time
- Two stainless steel burners yield 20,000 BTUs
- 340 sq. in. of primary cooking on stainless steel grates plus 125 sq. in. of secondary cooking on porcelain-coated warming rack
- Painted metal side shelves offer lots of workspace and fold down for easy storage of the grill
- Stainless steel lid, handle, control panel, fascia, and an enclosed cart with a stainless steel door add style to this model
- Award winning TRU Infrared cooking system that provides seared in flavor, while keeping food moist and juicy
- 320 Square Inch of infrared grilling area which sears in flavor and keeps food moist and juicy and 125 Square Inch secondary cooking area
- Stainless Steel lid and control panel, heavy duty folding side shelves, and enclosed cart with stainless steel door
- Compact size for small spaces
- Surefire Electronic Ignition
The Char-Broil TRU Infrared Urban Gas Grill is so named because it features Char-Broil’s patented and award winning TRU Infrared cooking system. The TRU Infrared cooking system completely climates flare ups and its design allows for perhaps the greatest grilling versatility seen in years. Each burner has its own temperature gauge located above the control knob and working at grate level for a true reading of the heat about to sear your steak or whatever you may be grilling. The TRU Infrared design also allows you to add wood chips directly on to the cooking grates for added flavor and no flare up. This 2 burner grill is highly efficient due to the unique patented Infrared grates and thus needs just 2 burners get the job done with the smaller cooking area. The TRU Infrared Urban is ideal for a wide range of cooking temperatures. Perhaps space is an issue for your patio or perhaps you just want high-end Infrared cooking performance without the 500+ price tag. This grill features 340 Square Inch of primary cooking area, 125 Square Inch of secondary cooking area, new “Surefire” electronic ignition, and a combination of stainless steel and painted steel appliance style cart construction with folding side shelves. As with all grills, we recommend keeping the firebox clean to help avoid flare up as well as using a grill cover to protect your investment.
Featuring Char-Broil’s patented and award-winning TRU-Infrared cooking system, the compact Urban Gas Grill (model 463270613) offers two burners to get the job done in a smaller cooking area (with a total of 20,000 BTUs of heat). Each burner has its own temperature gauge located above the control knob and working at grate level for a true reading of the heat about to sear your steak or whatever you may be grilling. It’s ideal for those living in apartments and condos or with patios and decks where space is at a premium.
This grill features 340 square inches of primary cooking area with a stainless steel grate, a 125 square-inch raised secondary cooking area (for slow cooking or warming items) with a porcelain-coated wire grate. Other features include Char-Broil’s Surefire electronic ignition, a combination of stainless steel and painted steel appliance style cart construction with black-painted folding side shelves, and four rolling casters (two locking, two non-locking) for easy storage.
How TRU-Infrared Works
All Char-Broil TRU-Infrared grills generate a minimum of 65 percent infrared heat, which is evenly spread across the entire cooking surface to cook food — without drying — at temperatures that range from simmer to sear.
Unlike traditional gas grills that use convective heat (hot air) to cook food, Char-Broil’s TRU-Infrared grills limit the hot air flow and use natural, radiant heat to cook food directly without drying. While convective heat destroys food’s moisture barrier, infrared heat penetrates it without drying and locks in natural juices and flavors. Char-Broil’s TRU-Infrared cooking system virtually eliminates flare-ups while producing very even heat (no hot or cold spots).
What’s in the Box
Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Urban Gas Grill (model 463270613); operating guide and assembly instructions